Originally founded in 1926, the Maritime Association of SC (MASC) is a 501(c)(6) member-based
trade association whose mission is to promote, protect and advance the interests of South
Carolina’s ports, the maritime transportation sector and associated commercial activities. MASC
is governed by a Board of Directors representative of every segment of the maritime commerce
and transportation sector.
As a member-based organization, MASC operates on a committee system. In addition to our
Board of Directors, MASC encourages member involvement through our Events, Finance,
Membership, Business Development and Legislative committees. We host a monthly
Navigation/Operations Meeting, at which businesses and government agencies share real time
information and updates, forming ad hoc committees as needs arise. Committees have worked on
and advocated for issues related to distribution centers, operations, harbor deepening and
maintenance dredging, maritime security, new terminal development, and infrastructure to name
a few. MASC also hosts several signature annual events including the Maritime Open Golf
Tournament, a fall social and an Annual Meeting and Gala.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for managing various aspects of our organizational
operations including communications, event logistics, fee processing, database maintenance and
meeting preparation and documentation. Additional responsibilities as requested. This is a
temporary position with the possibility of becoming permanent.
● Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office.
● Answers phone calls, schedules meetings and supports visitors.
● Professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
● Handles/documents routine invoicing and follow up with members/vendors.
● Administers and tracks event registrations, confirming participation and disseminating
pertinent logistical information.
● Generates reports as requested on behalf of association members.
● Responds to and circulates emails to the appropriate parties.
● Coordinates meeting logistics including food and beverage selections, material preparation
and minute/note taking as needed.
● Provides opportunities for membership growth through the identification of businesses,
and trade organizations that could benefit from MASC membership.
● Assists with development/implementation of member retention efforts.
● Assists current and potential members with questions about membership, renewals, and
● Updates/maintains member database, in-house renewal processing, file update and
● Contributes to team effort by accomplishing additional responsibilities as requested.
● Must be able to work well with a team.
● Excellent writing and communications skills.
● Highly proficient in MS Office Suite; ability to learn and manipulate new software systems
● Self-starter; ability to take initiative, make suggestions and keep momentum under little
● Recognize and seek out areas for improvement.
● Positive attitude and ability to exhibit exceptional care with members, prospects and
● Experience and contacts with maritime transportation and logistics supply chain industry
are beneficial, but not required.
The Administrative Assistant position requires an average of 20 hours per week. Hours are flexible,
but are typically scheduled and worked within the 8:30 am – 5:00 pm business hours Monday
through Friday. Administrative Assistant may work remotely approximately 60% -70% of time but
must be available as requested for certain meetings and events. Hours are expected to be scheduled
Please submit a resume including a cover letter to email@example.com.