The maritime industry is one of the largest economic drivers of our state’s economy. As an umbrella organization that represents every segment of this industry, the maritime association of south carolina is the face of this vital sector.
- Facilitates business development by fostering cooperation and communication among port users and government partners.
- Advocates for legislation, policies and procedures that promote and benefit maritime trade and associated industries.
- Coordinates training and networking opportunities for members of the maritime community.
- Educates the media, public officials, and public about our ports and the maritime transportation sector.
A COLLECTIVE VOICE AND VALUE-ADDED RESOURCE FOR THE MARITIME COMMUNITY
- Legislative and Regulatory Advocacy
- Governmental Liaison
- Policy Updates and Briefings
- Fully Staffed Office /Meeting Space for Members
- Quarterly Breakfast with State Ports Authority CEO/President
- Monthly Membership/Operational Briefings
- Business Networking Opportunities
- Discounted Association Medical Plans (for those that qualify)
- Free Media & Company Brand Adverting Consulting
- Discounted Company Advertising Partners
- Annual Gala
- Golf Tournament
- Social Events -Throughout the Year
- Certificates of Origin
- Maritime Community Calendar
- Port Emergency Information Dissemination
- DASH Passes / Emergency Management