Official Giveaway Rules & Regulations
A PURCHASE OF A RAFFLE TICKET IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASING MORE TICKETS INCREASES THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who are over 18 years of age.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully
unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the
eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the Maritime Association of South Carolina as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign. Official rules may be subject to change without notice and can apply retroactively.
3. Campaign Period: Ticket purchases will be accepted online or in person starting April 1, 2022 on and ending September 15, 2022. All entries must be received before the drawing on or about September 15, 2022.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by purchasing a ticket in person or online from: https://www.maritimesc.org/Sys/Store/Products/294118
The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete, not paid for in full, or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Maritime Association of South Carolina. You must provide the information requested and payment must be processed in order to be entered into the raffle and eligible. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the Maritime Association of South Carolina.
5. Prizes: The Winner of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive the Grand Prize- their choice of a 2023 Ford F-150 or a Chevrolet 1500 Series from Ravenel Ford or Marchant Chevrolet, respectively at a value of approximately $40,000. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Maritime Association of South Carolina. No cash substitution shall be permitted, but the winner may use the value of $40,000 toward the purchase a different new vehicle from car dealers listed above. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. There is no substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent. If an inadequate number of raffle tickets are sold, the Maritime Association of South Carolina reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize and award fifty (50) percent of the net proceeds of this campaign to the Winner.
Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Maritime Association of South Carolina to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by drawing under the supervision of the Maritime Association of South Carolina. Winner will be notified by email or telephone within 7 working days following selection of Winner. The Maritime Association of South Carolina shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. In order to collect his or her prize, a ticket winner may be required to sign and deliver to the Maritime Association of South Carolina: (a) a sworn affidavit of eligibility in accordance with these Rules and applicable law, including, without limitation, that he or she is at least 18 years old; (b) such written information as is required by any applicable tax and/or real estate laws, including, without limitation, his or her Social Security Number; and (c) proof of identity in forms satisfactory to the Maritime Association of South Carolina showing that the person claiming the prize is the same person who is named on the winning raffle ticket. The winner may be required to submit a W-2G, Form 5754 or similar tax form for tax withholding purposes.
ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (at the Maritime Association of South Carolina’s sole discretion) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this campaign, You understand and agree that the Maritime Association of South Carolina, anyone acting on behalf of the Maritime Association of South Carolina, and the Maritime Association of South Carolina licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions : If an inadequate number of raffle tickets are sold, the Maritime Association of South Carolina reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize and award fifty (50) percent of the net proceeds of this campaign to the Winner.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless the Maritime Association of South Carolina and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the
unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv)
unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic
or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA
WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of
participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be
resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this
Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively
before a court having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other
than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this
Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is the Maritime Association of South Carolina.